Cindy holds a CPA,CA designation and has a Masters of Accounting and Bachelor of Mathematics from the University of Waterloo. She started her accounting career from BDO as an accountant to manager doing audits and tax and later on shifted her focus to industry as corporate controller, VP Finance and CFO managing full cycle accounting and financial reporting. She also did ERP implementation, acquisitions integration, and headed up the financial planning and analysis department during her time in the industry.
Cindy’s areas of professional interest include financial management and information technology and she has extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of full-cycle accounting, financial reporting, assurance and tax. Cindy is known for her adaptability, attention to detail, problem solving capabilities and organization skills.
Areas of Expertise
- Full-cycle accounting
- Advanced technology skills, including Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Sage50, Microsoft Dynamics
- 365 ERP, ADP, SAP Concur, ExpenseIt, Caseware, Profile, Taxprep etc.
- Budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis
- Streamlining processes and increasing efficiency and productivity
- Building Excel-based financial models
Outside of work, Cindy enjoys traveling the world, playing Escape rooms, and golfing.